With the spread of computer technology, it’s a fairly good bet that those who have computer science degrees and information technology degrees will be in demand for a long time to come. Indeed, a computer technician who is knowledgeable about different systems can usually find a job.
And, these days, you don’t even need to work for the same company for years and years. Instead, you can actually freelance, providing your services to a variety of companies. You might even be able to make more money as a freelance computer technician. Our connectedness as a society means that you should be able to find a number of opportunities online. If you are looking for a job as a freelance computer technician, here are 30 great places to start:
If you are into BlackBerry, you can use the smart phone or the tablet to accomplish just about anything. If you are into the BlackBerry, there is plenty you can do with it. This is true for those involved in computer science as well. If you are a computer nerd, or if you are a developer, there are a number of helpful BlackBerry apps that can help you do your job.
The release of a tablet for BlackBerry is also helpful. Not only does the PlayBook tablet offer you access to Android apps, but it can also support some great BlackBerry apps. If you enjoy computers and web development, here are 30 great apps you can consider: (more…)
Computers have become the lifeblood of our society. Computers are responsible for so much, from making sure that you get your money when you want it, to handling long-distance calls to providing hours of entertainment. Computer science professionals are what make everything run smoothly. Working closely with computers provides some interesting insights into the world of computing. However, you don’t have to have a Master’s in computer science in order to be a computer nerd. Here are 21 infographics that any computer nerd can appreciate.
Computer science is an interesting field to go into. There are a number of opportunities in computer science that you can take advantage of. With computers increasingly becoming a regular part of life, those who can work with computers have good opportunities. You can find a good salary with a program in computer science, and as long as you are careful to keep up your skills. Here are 50 free opencourseware classes that can help you learn more about computer science:
In 2007, computer science lecturer Neil McBride argued that computer science was going the way of Latin languages…that a variety of factors might contribute to the death of this field, including robots, lack of interest and progress in computing itself. Three years later, computer science seems to be holding its own and expanding into fields such as physics and game theory. At the moment, it’s no more dead than history. (more…)
Computer programming is understood as process of writing, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. The code of computer programming can be modification of existing source completely into a newer code or into a new software utility. Below are provided some free web applications utilities that are preserved for some good computer programming learning.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: This program offered by online by Utah State University’s involves various course for advanced learners through their electrical and computer engineering program. This tutorial involves syllabus, homework assignments and solutions. Here is also included a separate chapter on Instructional Technology which helps a programmer to develop a wiki.
- AJAX Programming: Programmers and Developers couldn’t line up fast enough for this free online course in 2006 and in 2007, provided by Sang Shin and Sun Microsystems. Now, you can gain access to the materials from that course and learn about all the components contained within AJAX as well as practical applications.
- Programming in ASP: As on discussion and paradigm of programming languages ASP is considered as a technology incorporating several scripting languages like Java Script and VB Script. Land of Code provides help and assistance to become familiarize with dynamic and interactive content on web pages with a server-side technology.
- Programming in C: This program is offered by Steve Holmes, from the University Of Strathclyde Center in Glasgow and provides an award winning comprehensive lecture and tutorial about learning C programming. This particular course introduces programmers to the C language. Previous programming experience is also necessary for understanding this course and having features of the C.
- Program offered in C++: This tutorial is for learning C++ language is offered by the University of Southern Qeensland’s Open Courseware program (USQ OCW) and this program extends the student’s basic procedural design and programming knowledge into the object oriented concept. This tutorial is for advanced language learners and programmers.
A student at computer science develops the instructions and languages which are used for operations. They also sort out problems as existed with computer programs with logical reasoning and tests existed within them. And this also happens to be very exciting and lucrative career objective for the students. Here are provided some basic facts related to the career in computer science.
- A person in computer science is also known from the two different streams like software programmers and application developers. And nature of both of the jobs is quite different from each other too. Software programmers are only related of development phase of programming whereas application developers are entrusted with task for entire process from planning through debugging and updates.
- Technically speaking, a degree is not required to be a computer programmer. You simply need to know how to write code and how to work with client requirements. In reality, most companies want to see someone with a college education, however. While you can enter the field without a degree, you may have a harder time finding a job. Instead you should at least take a few programming courses at a local college before you begin looking for a job. A portfolio also is required for many computer programming jobs. Putting together this portfolio is something you can do with class assignments in college, or you can put together your own programs to show potential employers.
- The field of computer science has a massive career potential as according to the report of The Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary of computer programmer in 2009 was $65,000 annually. And most of them within first year of their job break away this path.
- However, field of computer science is not for every one as the field is based upon logic and mathematical calculations, therefore, a person having a problem with logic statements and word statements should not go into the career of computer science. Though lucrative salaries attract persons towards this career still they should not go for it to avoid later on complications if they have any aptitude for the career.
- Being into a computer science you are very valuable to a company in saving companies money. They are in the companies to make system efficient, they can even decrease processes to a single day that otherwise would be six day long if done manually. And present day life our many routine jobs are dependent on computer software and programs even like reserving a rail ticket or buying a grocery online.
- The biggest benefit of being in job of computer science is that you are counted among the jobs for and benefits of white collar jobs. A computer programmer is treated as a respected being in one’s office. The job generally has benefits like as vacation, retirement plans, insurance and for well qualified programmers there is no dearth of offers and opportunities.
- As referred from the analysis of National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) student of computer science can have starting salaries as much as up to an average of $51, 070. According to the data of The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the salaries at different levels in computer sciences varies accordingly. With doctoral degree in computer science it is $93, 050, with bachelor degrees it is $50, 820, in computer system analysis it is $46, 189 and in management information systems it is $44,417.
Online college education has gained a lot of popularity lately. More and more people who are in the job market are opting to apply for online classes because they are more convenient, flexible and cheaper. Even competitive subjects such as Computer science has been incorporated in the courses that are offered through online colleges. You can get a Masters in Computer Science without having to attend the regular classes.
Getting an online Masters in Computer Science will enable you to make the most out of your career. The good thing with this program is that you will not be forced to stop working so that you can focus on your education. Rather, it allows you to work as you normally do and then study at your own free time, from anywhere you want. The only important thing is full internet access and good time management.
Finding an online Masters program in Computer Science does not require over-exerting yourself. There are many listings on the internet that will provide you with all the information you need about the various Masters in Computer Science Programs that you can apply for. The listings not only include the programs and the institutions offering these programs, they also include extra information on the cost and duration of the courses.
With so many online colleges and other institutions offering Masters in Computer Science programs, it can be quite challenging choosing the right one for you. You can make everything easy by considering the institutions that have been ranked in credible sites. Online colleges and universities that have been ranked are sure to offer you quality learning materials and other resources that will be helpful to you along the way. The ranked institutions are also fully accredited; therefore, you do not have to worry about enrolling in a fake institution.
This program takes 2 years to complete in most of the online institutions. Some of the course units that you are supposed to do in this program include computer programming, software application and engineering, computer algorithms, computer security, artificial intelligence as well as gaming components and designs. You can pursue your online Masters In computer Science degree in any specialization field that suits your interests and needs.
After getting your online Masters in Computer Science degree, your life will definitely change for the better. You will be able to earn a promotion and earn more than before.